Thursday, February 12, 2009

hidden in plain sight...

This afternoon the students had the option to view a documentary on the 'School of the Americas'. I've known about the school and its involvement in foreign policy in Latin America for quite some time now, but it does not cease to enrage me. There is a clip of Bush senior fielding questions about the Jesuit priests that were murdered in El Salvador (I wrote about it in Oct last year: Six of Many), and after having been there, and felt the pain that still surrounds the situation, to see his total defiance, his utter lack of respect and reality...I wanted to scream. And instead, I sat and cried. I guess in some ways I'm actually glad that it hasn't stopped making me cry.

I won't rant more about the topic here, it's huge and complex and the documentary does a much better job than I would/could. If you're interested look it up, it's easy to find a player for it online, it's called: Hidden in Plain Sight.

And if you do take the time to watch it, or have already seen it, I'd love to hear your thoughts/feedback/etc...

No comments: