Saturday, February 14, 2009

estas son las mananitas...

Well, our time in Xela has finished up and we head to the country in an hour or so. I don't have much time to write, but wanted to let people know I won't have phone or internet this coming week. I'll admit, I was feeling down that I wouldn't get to talk to loved ones on my birthday, but yesterday I was blown away by the thoughtfulness of my coworkers, fellow students and my host family.

Both in the morning at school, and at home in the afternoon I was surprised with cakes, song, and (as is tradition here) getting my face shoved in the cake (my host mom would want you to know she didn't push me in, she was actually trying to protect me...however the pictures are rather incriminating). It really was lovely of them and although these four weeks in Xela have included some lonely days, it'll be hard to say goodbye to many tomorrow.

I'll be back in week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Que buena mordida!!! es tradicional en Guatemala!!! de nuevo Feliz Cumple!!! besos!! y abrazos!!