Saturday, August 16, 2008

my path...

Greetings! and welcome to my humble lugarcito (little place) online!

Some of you may have read my Cuernavaca blog, some of you may be entirely new to this ‘blogging business’ but I wanted there to be a space in which loved ones could check in on my thoughts and experiences in Central America this year.

I write today from my bed in the Program House in Managua, Nicaragua. I slept 10 hours last night, caught up on some reading, went on a small city tour with my new coworker Joe and am attempting to let my spirit ’sink in’ a tad.

Those of you who have spoken to me about this Internship know that my expectations were vague, to say the least. With each conversation this place and my role in it are becoming more clear, little by little. It’s incredibly warm here today and my body is tired, my head aches, but my spirit - only slightly muted by the heat - is tentatively giddy about the months to come and the path on which I’ve embarked.


Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth."

Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path."

For the soul walks upon all paths.

The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed.

The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals.

- Kahlil Gibran

1 comment:

Kate said...

love the format :) looking forward to reading all about everything you do every day ever! (ok, maybe you don't have to write all that... ;))